Friday, June 15, 2007

Creating a Mashup

Steps Toward Creating Your Own Mashup:
These steps mostly refer to plotting markers on maps, but can be used for any mashup.
Source: Programmable Web (see links)
1. Pick a subject. Keep it simple to start. Ask yourself, “What is the simplest thing that could possible work.” Once you figure that out you can add to and build on that simple idea. Once you have a subject you can decide what APIs and tools you’ll be using.
2. Decide where your data is coming from. What is the source of your data? This can decide the APIs you’ll use.
3. Sign up for an API. This step only takes a few minutes.
4. Start coding.

I also found a simple way to make mashups at Youtube.com, but I can’t figure out how to download my photos and video to the YouTube Remixer. If I can figure this out it will make my life a whole lot easier.

Joni
2 hours

No comments: